DisplayPort 1.4 to HDMI 2.0b HDR Active Adapter
- SAME DAY SHIPPING order by 2PM (EST).
Connect to an HDMI Ultra HD display with High Dynamic Range from a DisplayPort-supported computer using the DisplayPort Active Adapter!
Designed specifically for those who enjoy high-level computing, graphics, and gaming, this adapter provides the highest performance at an affordable price. HDMI 2.0b up to 18Gbps allows even smooth 4K video playback, especially when combined with a 60Hz frame rate and HDR. Best of all, the DisplayPort Active Adapter is extremely easy to use and travel with, thanks to its portable size. To use it, simply connect one end to your computer and plug your existing HDMI cable into the other end. This will convert your computer screen video signal into an HDMI signal up to UHD 4K. Last but not least, the DisplayPort Active Adapter supports a 4:4:4 color format, ensuring true RGB vibrant colors, as well as HDR without typical visual color degradation. Audio isn't a concern either with a transmission of up to 8 channel audio for immersive sound.
- Ideal for gamers and other high-level computing requirements
- Supports 4:4:4 color format with clear RGB colors
- Audio up to 8 channel audio
- HDMI 2.0b throughout up to 18Gbps
- Small, portable design
- Multi-shielded cable with aluminum body
- Self-powered design with no external power required
- Converts DisplayPort video signal at up to UHD 4K 4096x2160@60Hz including 1440p at 120H
- Input: DisplayPort™ Male
- Output: HDMI™ Female; An High Speed HDMI™ 2.0b cable (sold separately) is required
- HDMI 2.0b data rates to 18Gbps, DisplayPort 1.4 and 1.3 to 5.4Gbps per lane
- Supports display resolution up to 4096 x 2160 at 60Hz frame rate including 1920 x 1440 at 120Hz
- Supports HDR - Dolby Vision HDR, HDR10, HDR10+ and HLG
- Supports CEC-Tunneling-over-AUX as per DP 1.4 Standard
- Jitter cleaning PLL provides stable HDMI output signal
- Includes on-chip microprocessor with internal SPI ROM
- Supports RGB/YCbCr video color formats with a color depth of 16 bpc (or 48 bits per pixel)
- Supports pixel encoding conversion from RGB or YCbCr 4:4:4 to YCbCr 4:2:0 and YCbCr 4:2:0 pass-trough function
- Supports RGB up to 12 bpc, YCbCr 4:4:4, 4:2:2 and 4:2:0
- Supports content protection formats HDCP 1.4 and HDCP 2.2
- HDCP 1.4 and HDCP 2.2 repeater function with on-chip keys
- Supports TMDS scrambling for EMI/RFI reduction
- Supports SCDC (Status and Control Data Channel)
- Audio support up to 8 channels LPCM
- Premium chip: MCDP2900
- Can only convert signal from DisplayPort™ to HDMI™. This is not a bi-directional adapter
- Connect multiple monitors using NVIDIA™ Surround technology (one adapter per monitor)
- Depress the button on the DisplayPort connector to release the latches and avoid damage when unplugging
- For HDR function, the source system needs to support DisplayPort™ 1.4 and the screen needs to have support for HDR and / or HDMI™ 2.0 a or b
Download PDF Installation Tips: Here
Q: I am only getting 4K@30Hz when using the UPTab Active adapter. How can I get 4K @ 60Hz?
There are several different reasons why a 4K display would be limited to 4K@30Hz using our adapter. We would recommend first checking:
- The DisplayPort output port must be DP 1.4 compliant to get 4K @ 60Hz with HDR or DP1.2 for 4K@60Hz without HDR.
- System specifications to ensure that the internal graphics processor can support 4K @ 60Hz and that the output port on the system/GPU can support 4K @ 60Hz.
- Monitor specifications to ensure that it can support 4K@60Hz from the desired input port. HDMI input ports must be HDMI 2.0b specifications.
- For HDR to function, the source system needs to support DisplayPort 1.4 and the screen needs to have support for HDR and/or HDMI 2.0 a or b.
- Ensure that the HDMI cable is HDMI 2.0 compliant.
If both the system’s GPU, DisplayPort output port, and the monitor claim support for 4K @ 60Hz, please check the Windows Advanced Display Adapter settings to ensure that 60Hz is available and selected from the drop-down list.
If 30Hz is not listed and you are connected to our adapter with an HDMI cable, please double-check that the monitor has HDMI 2.0b ports. Additionally, some 4K TVs and monitors must enable an “HDMI 2.0,” an “HDMI UHD Color” or “Ultra HD/UHD Deep Color” (or similar) setting for 4K@60Hz to work via HDMI. Please consult the monitor’s manual and check the monitor’s menu settings to see if there is an applicable setting.
UPTab adapter is truly active. Rather than relying upon passing a TMDS signal via DisplayPort’s Dual-Mode, the adapters actively convert the outgoing DisplayPort LVDS packets into the necessary TMDS signaling. With an internal clock rate of up to 594MHz, our adapters support all the “must-have” features of HDMI 2.0, with resolutions up to 4K@60Hz with HDR, stereoscopic 3D support, and higher color depths.
Q: Does the UPTab (B014E8ZC7E) adapter support AMD Eyefinity setups beyond two monitors?
Yes! AMD Eyefinity will allow up to two “legacy” display connections (HDMI, DVI, or VGA). The third connection must be native DisplayPort, i.e.; not Dual-Mode/DP++ carrying an HDMI signal (since that would count as one of the two “legacy” displays). When using our active adapter, the video card will not need to utilize one of the legacy connections but instead will address it as a native DisplayPort display. (Please note: per AMD, their graphics cards support a maximum of two active adapters.)
Q: Does the UPTab (B014E8ZC7E) adapter support 4:4:4 color/chroma sampling?
Yes! Our adapter supports 4:4:4 chroma sampling at 4K @ 60Hz resolutions at 8bit color depth (8bpc). Please be aware that the display that is being connected must also support 4:4:4 color depth and the HDMI cable must be HDMI 2.0 capable while connected to an HDMI 2.0 input port on the display.
Q: Does your adapter support HDR?
Our adapter does support HDR imaging (High Dynamic Range). HDMI 2.0a is the minimum specification for supporting HDR.
Q: What are supported HDR Standards?
Our adapter supports High Dynamic Range (HDR) standards: Dolby Vision HDR, HDR10, HDR10+ and HLG
13 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Finally 4K 60Hz and HDRRRRRRRR :)
It actually works!
Sapphire Pulse RX Vega 56 graphics card (display port 1.4)
Vizio E65 TV
25 feet HDMI extension cable + 3 foot HDMI patch cable = 28 feet total
3840×2160 at 60 Hz SDR ( aka HDMI 2.0 )
3840×2160 at 60 Hz HDR ( aka HDMI 2.0a )
Absolutely delighted. My graphics card could not reliably hold a connection at 28 feet of cable with anything greater then 1080p, but this dongle does it easily with 4k HDR at 60 Hz!
I have purchased other adapters claiming HDMI 2.0b, but none were able to do this even with a 6 foot cable. Just delighted with this one!
Great product and fast delivery. I thought I was going to have to wait weeks before it arrived from China. No, came from right in Ohio, USA. Saved me from down time with fast delivery.
Works as advertised! I needed this for my Titan X Pascal because I'm using HDMI for my 4K display and needed another HDMI port for VR and Titan X Pascal only has one HDMI port. I have it plugged into the display port and my DXDiag is saying my display is 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz.
Excellent product and works as advertised, but it took some finessing on my part. If you're like me and running a haswell i7 with 4600 graphics (or similar cpu) on a windows based laptop, this adapter will not work out of the box for you. Step one is too make sure you're using the proper hmdi 2.0 port on your monitor/tv. (mine is hdmi 1 port on my vizio tv). Then you'll want to 'search for updates' for your intel graphics. After that open the Intel HD Graphics control panel. > go to display > custom resolutions > set the width to "3840" and the height to "2160" and refresh rate to "60" (**make sure the correct display is selected in the display drop-down menu on the left hand side**) > next you'll want to set the 'Timing Standard' to CTV-RB (VERY IMPORTANT) > finally click add and go back to general settings. Select the resolution you just entered and the refresh rate should be available. I hope this helps!
My video board has only one HDMI out which I use for the primary monitory, I needed a second for the Oculus. This adapter did the trick where several others failed.
Does exactly what I needed it for. Picked up this and a two pack of dvi to hdmi adapters and now I have all the right ports on my GTX 970 for my HTC Vive, 4k TV (connected with this adapter), my dvi monitor, and my hdmi monitor. This product worked as expected, although I need need to change a couple settings in the Nvidia control panel. No big deal but make sure you check that everything is as it should be after you set it up. My Samsung TV shows the resolution and refresh rate of the input, which made it easy to tell that the settings had applied. Great product!
Great product, finally HDR support using adapter. Now I can watch 4K HDR movies on my TV.
Works perfect. I'm getting 60hz on my TCL TV from my computer.
You may return items within 30 days of delivery for a refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item. If a customer returns merchandise that does not have RMA number clearly indicated outside the packaging it will be refused. Items that do not have a RMA number may be denied a refund or exchange.
UPTab is proud to offer "SAME DAY SHIPPING" as a standard for our customers who place orders before 2PM (EST).
Additionally, if an item(s) in an order is not in stock, the entire or part of the order may be held until the item returns back in stock, then the order will be processed immediately. Please keep in mind that orders placed during the weekend or on a holiday will be shipped the following business day.
Free Ground Shipping on orders over $25 to contiguous United States.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world (Free Shipping apply only to orders which total amount is over $25 and ship to contiguous United State). Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are dimensional and weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
- International VAT - Customers from Canada and Mexico and EU are liable for their respective country's import duties, taxes, and fees (final VAT is not included in order).
- Shipping Delivery Time - Shipping methods denote the delivery time once your order is shipped from our warehouse in Fort Mill, South Carolina.